Tuesday, February 12, 2013

January: Part deux

Well, third post in and of course I'm a week behind. I will try and keep this one short...ha. That won't happen. We had an exciting second part of January. I know it was all exciting....I just can't remember any of it. Hence why I must document.

 Well the biggest event of our lives is that my sweet dear husband turned 30! Crazy right? Mark isn't much into birthdays. If he just went on like it was a normal day he would be completely fine with it. But since he is married to me and I am a sucker for birthdays, etc, he can't get away with that so easily. Mark's parents were able to come down and spend half the week with us to help us celebrate. Which is convenient considering Mark's dads birthday is the day after his. So it was like killing two birds with one stone. Gosh, I love that saying. It applies to everything! Where was I....ah yes.

 We had a birthday breakfast for Mark in which he wanted waffles. Done and done. He is very easy to please. I got up that morning and while he was sound asleep I made a little paper trail of cut-out arrows and I taped them to the floor. This was the trail leading to his presents...which he could already see because we live in a giant studio apt/condo and we have no walls.  Work with me here people. He woke up delirious, no contacts in, not even noticing my arrows on the floor. As a director would say "Back to 1!" He finally found my arrows with a little help from mr. glasses. Not like it was a hard task because like I said. No walls. I will just explain the rest in pictures. (And the crowd goes wild!)



























We had a lovely time with Mark's parents. We ate, and ate, and ATE! They took us to a very high-end restaurant called Hudson on the Bend. It was delish(thanks again!). We had such a fun time at dinner. Its a good thing we asked to sit outside because we ended up being a very rowdy bunch. We also made a trip to San Antonio to go to the temple while they were here. For Mark's dads birthday, Mark's brother Matt and him got their dad flying lessons for his birthday so he was able to fly around and see Austin from a different point of view. He had a great time. I had fun going shopping with my mother-in-law and talking and talking like girls do. They left on Sunday, but not before having Rudy's BBQ and some ice cream cake which I had bought for both of the birthday boys.



 It was practically an eat n'run since they had a flight to catch. It was a good month. A great way to end our first month in Austin. 

I don't know if this blog post was as exciting as my others(oh geez) so here is something extra special.

Bonus Material: People of Austin
1. Me and my counterpart. 
(No photoshop was used in the making of my portrait. This is actually me.)


Hmmm....striking resemblance wouldn't ya say? 
HERE'S JOHNNY!

3 comments:

  1. @jen I love that you are my number 1 fan. It makes me so excited when I see you've read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my hell ! Sadie I miss you ! You crack me up in a way nobody else can ! I love reading your updates they are hilarious !!

    ReplyDelete